Monday, January 28, 2013

Explore Sarawak: Sarawak Culture Village


As I was going through my photo albums yesterday, I realized I completely forgot to blog about my trip to Sarawak Culture Village (SCV)! There will be lots of pictures in this post as I didn’t want to collage them because I believe the readers would like to see a bigger and clearer image of this place.

Of course, if you’re on my FB friends list, you can always view all the pictures for my Sarawak trip there.

For those who are planning a trip to the Land of The Hornbills, SCV is a place you shouldn’t miss. At this place, you will get to know more about its local ethnic groups namely Iban, Melanau, Bidayuh, Penan and Orang Ulu.

If I’m not mistaken, the journey from Kuching town to SCV takes approximately an hour and the entrance fee is RM60 for adults, RM30 for children from age 6-12 and FOC for those below 6.

Here’s a tip if you plan to visit SCV: be there early and do not miss the cultural performance which takes place twice a day at 11.30am and 4pm. For my trip, (my friend and) I miscalculated and arrived at the place an hour late and was this close of missing the performance.

Since we wanted to make it for the performance on time, we didn’t have much time to explore each of the houses in SCV. Luckily for us, the person-in-charge said we could come again the next day without purchasing tickets.

I think you need at least half a day to fully explore this place so don’t plan too many activities on the day you’re visiting SCV.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Explore Sarawak: Sarawak Culture Village
.
.