Thursday, October 16, 2014

Borneo International Kite Festival 2014


It was Friday, I knew it was Friday, it was Friday the 26th, September. It was a sleepless night, though I knew exactly why it was a sleepless night. Bed seems to be a roll-all-over place instead of a sleeping crib.

Arghh! I knew I shouldn’t have drank before sleep. Too much drinking makes me heaty and sleepless. Woke up and I looked at the clock, it was 4am.

From the small opening under my rooms’ door, I can see a throbbing light coming in from the kitchen. Damn! My mom is up early. Owh! Today is the day, it is that one day that I have to travel early to the airport and catch an early flight.

Today is the day that I’m flying to Bintulu, Sarawak for the Borneo International Kite Festival 2014.

Woohoo~

I have to bug my dad to drive me to the airport that morning. Accompanied by my mom, we reached the airport about 15min before 6am. I didn’t wait long to check-in myself because my flight is scheduled to depart at 7.10am.

Checking in early gave me enough time to roam the airport and make my final check on my luggage. For this trip, I packed both my Stylus 1 and 60D. Hopefully they are sufficient to cover for the assignment.

Reaching at Bintulu around 8am, I met with the other team members from Sarawak Tourism Board which will assist and guide me to cover the BIKF event.

During the entire trip, we were staying in Kemena Plaza Hotel, one of the biggest hotel in Bintulu town, and is also the official hotel for the participants and media for BIKF 2014.

While having our breakfast, we discussed and planned the activities for the day. We decided to check out the festival ground and events in the afternoon.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Borneo International Kite Festival 2014
.
.