Saturday, December 26, 2015

Visit Kota Kinabalu, where dreams come true!


People most frequently say that travelling abroad unaccompanied by somebody can be quite challenging especially when you’re there to explore the local culture.

However, I am delighted to share with you that even though I was alone in my journey, the entire trip to Kota Kinabalu went smoothly and I managed to enjoy it in my own means.

Welcome to Sabah! Malaysia is on the spectacular tropical island of Borneo. Sabah is a land of stimulating natural scenery, lavish ancient tropical rain forest, vibrant coral reefs and mysterious ethnic beliefs.

Yeah I had a 3-day and 2-night trip in Kota Kinabalu in February last year! It was my first visit to Sabah and what an amusing experience it was!

I had some firsthand and unforgettable memories that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

I was delighted in visiting the islands and do shopping at the various outlet stores in downtown Kota Kinabalu.

I also had a chance to immerse myself with the natives and the tourists.

I was quite surprised to know that a lot of Filipinos are residing there but it’s indeed a good thing for me since I could just communicate with them freely using my mother tongue.

In addition, eating the local foods there was also commendable.

Some of them were strange but mostly were mouth-watering.

Originally, I intended to include trekking in Mt. Kinabalu in my travel plan but my fear ate me since it’s one of the tallest mountains in South-East Asia so surely it’s quite high and I was too scared that nobody could help me immediately if something bad or dangerous would happen to me since I was travelling alone but anyway my escapade went like this.

On my first day, I had my city tour and it was pleasurable.

I walked around near my accommodation and saw various sights with great appreciation.

I then hired a taxi for me to reach farther attractions and know more on their culture.

I visited Kota Kinabalu City Mosque, Suria Sabah, Filipino Market, Gaya Street Market, Tun Mustapha Tower, Wawasan Intersection, Seafood Port and Warisan Square.

I have also seen Atkinson Clock Tower and Swordfish Statue when I was wandering.

I took a lot of pictures for my family and friends to see even they were not with me physically on that certain day.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Visit Kota Kinabalu, where dreams come true!
.
.